EVENT PLANNING & RESORT MARKETING FALL / SPRING INTERNSHIPS
HB Hospitality is seeking applicants for our Fall and Spring internships to help coordinate and execute upcoming customer events. This is the perfect opportunity to gain experience before applying to the undergraduate Kenan-Flagler BSBA program or for any junior/senior college students and recent college graduates who are interested in gaining real world marketing and event planning experience.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
– Online venue research
– Event management & coordination including budget management
– Communication with and coordination of hospitality partners
– Attend and assist with execution of all events (see calendar below)
– Positive & outgoing personality
– Ability to use a Mac including proficiency in Microsoft Office 2011 (Excel, Word, Outlook, PP)
– InDesign / Photoshop / Photography / Videography / iMovie knowledge a bonus
– Event experience including scheduling, planning, & delegating tasks
– Strong communication and organizational skills
– Physical Requirements: Lift 30 pounds from floor to waist. Ability to sit / stand for long periods of time
Events you will assist with: (must be available on days where travel is required
Hours: 10-20 hours per week from Durham office. We are flexible in terms of the schedule and can work with intern as needed.
What you’ll get (YEAH!):
– Meaningful work experience – this isn’t an internship where you’ll be making copies and getting coffee;
you’re going to be planning & executing high level events with the nation’s top luxury resort
– An instant professional network with hospitality partners who are the BEST in their field.
– An opportunity to have a big impact at an exciting, fast-moving start-up.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a copy of your resume, two references, and a cover letter that explains what you can add to the HB team to the contact below.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Danielle Hinesley Bishop | Danielle@HBHospitality.com | 919-358-0917
HB Hospitality provides market development solutions to the nation’s leading luxury resorts and hotels through its unique series of signature events featuring nationwide receptions and multi-day Executive Industry Summits. The objective of each event is to showcase HB’s hotel and hospitality partners to qualified senior level meeting planners, corporate executives, and organizational decision makers.